Vector vs Raster
Raster files are images built from pixels - tiny color squares that form highly detailed images such as photographs. The more pixels an image has, the higher quality it will be, and vice versa. Providing a raster for digital printing? Make sure it is at least 300dpi at size. Vector files use mathematical equations to produce an image so there are no pixels in a vector file. Because the mathematical formula recalibrates to any size, you can scale a vector image up or down without impacting its quality.
Need more information on converting a raster file to a vector file? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our printers use solid coated Pantone book, the global standard for communicating color, to ensure accuracy of your artwork colors. To ensure your colors will match your vision, please provide our team with the closest matching solid coated Pantone number found online or in the swatch book.
Would your artwork look better reversed? Laser etching takes away from the surface rather than adding to it, sometimes reversing artwork results in a better looking print - most often seen in faces.
Artwork Tips & Tricks
- Consider reversing your artwork depending on product colors you choose
- Ensure both positive and negative line weights are met as etching can otherwise result in overspray, etching away areas otherwise intended to be maintained
- Single Color 1pt positive minimum 1pt negative, Multi Color 1pt positive minimum 2pt negative
- Leave all artwork in layers; Overlapping colors will be printed as such
- Keep in mind that screen printing inks let on a bit of transparency and overlapping colors will create a new color at the overlap
- Convert text to outlines where necessary
- Ensure all artwork fonts are converted to outlines
- Straight-sided vessels are optimal for digital printing (ie. not tapered)
- The busier the artwork the better outcome for digital printing
- Avoid large areas of color to reduce banding and watercolor issues (blue, green, brown and pastels are the most prone to banding and watercolor issues)
- Eliminate clipping masks and compound paths
- Embed any images or fonts that are in your artwork
- UV Gloss finish available
- Limited size digital print available on Handled products